POLICE NAB THREE KIDNAPPING SUSPECTS AFTER OPENING FIRE AT CAR

04/04/2025 10:16 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, April 4 (Bernama) -- Police were forced to open fire before apprehending three suspected kidnappers in a car at Jalan Cengkeh, Taman Cheras, here today.

Cheras district police chief ACP Aidil Bolhassan said the suspects, males aged between 24 and 30, were inside a Perodua Aruz together with a man believed to have been kidnapped in Taman Nusa Bestari, Johor, earlier in the morning.

“At 2.30 pm when a police car stopped and instructed the suspects to exit their vehicle, they repeatedly rammed the police vehicle in an attempt to flee,” he said in a statement.

To stop their actions, which posed a threat to the safety of the officers, several shots were fired at the suspects' vehicle tyres, he added.

The 26-year-old victim is believed to have been abducted in front of an entertainment outlet at 5.47 am, as captured by a closed-circuit television (CCTV).

The motive behind the kidnapping is still under investigation.

-- BERNAMA

 

 


BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2025 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy